Followers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ladies of Gaming : Lara Croft

Hello there everyone! My name is Sharon and I am a friend of Markies! I write in my own blog Hello There, Blondie! and will be writing here as well! I love playing video games, reading books, and I love makeup! I also love robots, superheros, dinosaurs, animals, romantic comedies, and cooking! Here is mah face!
Did I mention I'm a bit of a goofball?
 I will be doing a series called "Ladies of Gaming" where I will be featuring a female character from a video game and doing a look inspired by them . And Possibly "Gents of Gaming" if I feel so moved :) I am incredibly honored that Markie asked me to help out here, and I hope you enjoy me being here as well!

This Ladies of Gaming features : Lara Croft


Tomb Raider is a game that I truly love. This is a game series that I started when i was younger in its debut in 1996, and I have continued to be excited for and play the games as they are released. Lara Croft is one of the most recognized video game characters, and possibly -the- most recognized female video game character in existence. She is strong, motivated, sexy, charismatic - plus she is just kick ass. If I were going to be a video game heroine, It wouldn't be so bad to be Lara Croft.

Over time, the graphics have changed, story lines have been rewritten, and her cup size fluctuated up and down, but Lara Croft is still the same thrill seeking archaeologist trying to discover what is next. Or the next big shiny artifact. Whichever comes first. She typically sports a light blue or brown top, brown shorts, hiking boots, and her two pistols with accompanying holsters on her hips. Oh and the backpack, can't forget that! She has long brown hair that for the longest time was in a braid down to her bottom, but in recent games she has a loose ponytail.
Typically, this is what comes to mind when I picture Lara. I like this because unlike the newer games, here she is in her original outfit. She's a little more fleshed out than she used to be, much prettier than sharp angles :P This was Lara in the anniversary game.
Image from Wikipedia 
So in my mind, gold artifacts, blue tank tops, dark brown boots and gunmetal would be the colors for Lara Croft.
This is my Lara Croft inspired look.





I had fun with this colorful almost smokey eye, and the liner was really fun! It gave the look an almost Egyptian feel. Appropriate, no?

I used:
 a matte khaki, teal and dark brown shadow from my 88 Palette
 Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in El Dorado
SugarPill's Chromalust in "Goldilux" on top of the liner
A gunmetal color from a Victoria Secret palette under the eye
Black Gel Liner from Physicians Formula
Tarte's - Light's, Camera, Lashes Mascara
Lipgloss - Simply Sweet Skin Lip Honey in "High Maintenance"

Thanks for reading!
xoxo - Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment