Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

EcoTools- A review of something soft, wonderful, and eco-friendly!

So those of you that know me, know that I try to be really eco-friendly. I recycle (even though we DONT have recycling bins) I buy recycled products when I can, I use reusable shopping bags, and I have been known to pick up litter as I walk down the street. Oh, did I mention I don't drive unless I absolutely have to? I live on this planet, and I want it to be a nice place to live for a few more generations at least, so I try to do my part. I also love recycled materials because they tend to be a much softer and lush product from my personal experiences. I've tried brushes from Avon, from bareMinerals, and finally EcoTools. Avon was nice, and they came in swanky colors at one point that as a teen I loved. the bareMinerals brushes were nice to look at, but really rough on my face. My hand slipped with the full coverage brush once and I got a good sharp poke in the eye from a bristle that was extremely painful. Then I found EcoTools. Let me tell you, I have never loved a product this much. I sold my other brushes (still trying to sell the bareMinerals ones... apparently they do have a bad rep) and converted everything to EcoTools. So here is a little review. =D ( To check out information on all of EcoTools products.. CLICK ME! )



What are they made of?
 The handle is made from bamboo, which doesn't take away from the earths resources, and it lasts forever. The metal on the brushes are made from recycled aluminum, and the bristles are Synthetic Taklon, so they are 100% cruelty free. I can tell you those bristles are so soft I can't even think of a way to describe them. They are all consistent as well in quality. The bristles are well held together, and I have yet to have an issue with them applying makeup unevenly. (My bareMinerals kabuki Brush would have issues with picking up more powder on one side because the bristles were slightly uneven.) Anyone who has put on makeup knows what uneven application looks funny, and can be hard to correct with foundation if you have a foundation that matches your skin tone well.

This brush is so fluffy and soft. it's a great all over application brush.

How easy are they to clean?
I have washed all of my brushes with baby shampoo and warm water. It removes the pigment/makeup from them, and leaves them super soft. They are like new even after many uses. Even after being cleaned so much, I have yet to have any bristles fall out. I'm sure you know what I am talking about. You are putting on your makeup, and a bristle falls out, and taking it off your face means restarting all of you makeup. It's frustrating and is a hassle, so the fact I found brushes that work without that issue, I am super happy about that.

My current brushes.
Are they cost effective?
The prices range from $3 to $10.  They also come in sets, Like one that I got that included 5 brushes and a case for $11. They come in great deals if you get sets, because you usually end up with multiples of eye brushes which are great for applying multiple colors. If you start with a set you also get a few brushes to start your collection with, which you can use and decide if you love them before making any type of a huge investment.



Final Thoughts!
I would recommend these brushes to anyone looking for some cheap, simple, and eco-friendly brushes. They do a great job at what they are supposed to do, and on top of that, they do it well as long as you have the patience to learn how to use each of them correctly, or use them in a way that suits you.

PS: Cute make up pouch found at Mushy Bug

2 comments:

  1. I use these!!! I absolutely love them!!! :D
    Good review, good topic!! Yay Markie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ecotools!!! I only have a couple but i use them everyday!!

    ReplyDelete